Business and Internet Consultant, Industry Analyst, Speaker, Commentator, Attorney; Ecast Executive.EXPERIENCE:
Ecast, Inc.: VP, New Market Development, 10/99 to presentEDUCATION:
Identify, analyze and promote new business opportunities, markets and applications for Ecast, a convergence/digital entertainment Internet start-up.
Press release, November 9, 1999
News coverage, CBS MarketWatch
Independent Consultant - Internet business strategy execution & advice
Clients have included:
- Ecast, Inc.
- Adjacency, Inc.
- Pixar Animation Studios
- StarMine, Inc.
- SmartPatents, Inc. (currently Aurigin)
- Grace Cathedral
Executive producer/director/manager of the following Web sites & products:
Speaker - Television/Radio Commentator
Speaking engagements have included:
Columnist - Writer
- Award recipient, Top 25 Women on the Web (7/20/99). (wired coverage, examiner coverage).
- Panelist, Silicon Spin, ZDTV's daily high-tech news/issues discussion show hosted by John Dvorak.
- PBS Cheifet's Net Cafe: Guest host: Crime & Justice Online (4/23/99), Humor Online (4/16/99), Incredibly Useful Sites (4/9/99), Extreme Web (4/2/99), Kids Online (3/26/99), Romance Online (3/19/99), Guest, Webby Awards (4/30/99), Cyber News (10/16/98).
- PBS Computer Chronicles: Guest, Consumer Buying Guide Special (11/24/98).
- Moderator, online trading panel, Haas Leading Edge Technology Conference, The Dot Com Phenomenon: Business Trends on the Internet, 9/18/99.
- Speaker, Women on the Web Panel, 21st Century Publishing: Seybold San Francisco, 8/31/99.
- Speaker: The MP3 Revolution, Internet Music Business Mixer, 8/17/99.
- Vocalist, Diamond D-Lerious, Go to the Body (MP3).
- Moderator, One2One Marketing Roundtable, Web99 Design and Development Conference (6/29/99).
- Moderator, "Internet Privacy vs. One-to-One Marketing." San Francisco Association of Internet Professionals (5/4/99).
- Speaker, "How to find sense (and cents) in senseless Net mania." San Francisco Web Business Mixer & Technology Showcase (4/7/99)
- Guest, KQED Forum with Michael Krasney (guest host Jeffrey Klein), re: 'An assessment of the Internet," (3/12/99)
- Guest, KUOW 94.9 Public Radio, Seattle, Weekday 9 am show, Girls and the New Technology (2/19/99)
- M.C., Geekapalooza 1.0, Geekapalooza 2.0, and 415 Tech.
- see Media Appearances for additional speaking apperances, and email email@example.com for information on speaking availability
chemisTree: CEO and president, 5/99 - 8/99
- CBS MarketWatch - weekly columnist, Nouveau Geek.
- The San Francisco Examiner - biweekly columnist, NetSkink.
- Fast Company Magazine.
- Knowledge Management Magazine.
- The Red Herring
- Entertainment Weekly
- Wired Magazine
- Time Digital
- MUCH MORE: see Clips for an extended list of published articles
Design, devise, write and execute business strategy for e-commerce consumer-market Internet start-up (in hybernation due to market conditions): executed all CEO duties, including writing business plan and executive summary, recruiting team and advisors, and presenting business plan before venture capitalists and other potential investors.
CBS MarketWatch: weekly columnist, 8/98-present
Nouveau Geek, weekly commentary on the Internet industry, companies and stocks..
(Press release, August 26, 1998)
The San Francisco Examiner: bi-weekly columnist, 6/97-present
Net Skink, a bi-weekly column about the Internet industry featured in Technology Page of the Sunday Business Section.
Digital Mogul: Market Meddle Columnist, 12/99-present
Provide regular commentary to Digital Mogul, the Entertainment Executive's BS- and Buzzword-free journal on entertainment and technology.
Ziff Davis Television: on-air commentator, 4/98-6/99
Regular Contributor to Silicon Spin, ZDTV's daily high-tech news/issues discussion show (Spin bio)
SmartPatents, Inc. (currently called Aurigin, Inc.): consultant, 1/98-4/98
Independent writer/researcher/consultant for project on Patents and Business Strategy.
Electric Minds: consultant, 10/96-10/97
Conference Co-Host, Media Shock.
Cyborganic Corporation: Web consultant 1/96-7/97
Sound Exchange Houston, TX: e-commerce consultant, 10/95-2/96
- Producer, editor, project manager, creative director, Geekcereal
- Director, Cyborganic membership/customer acquisition
U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Houston, TX, 8/95-10/95
- Webmaster, MIS Manager for record store specializing in collectible vinyl.
- Designed, created, produced and maintained web site at http://soundexchange.com.
- Maintained macintosh internet server, and localtalk network of three macintosh computers.
- Troubleshot hardware and software problems; selected, purchased, and installed hardware and software upgrades.
- Trained employees and local rock stars on use of the macintosh and html.
Judicial Law Clerk. Researched and drafted appellate court decisions on behalf of the Honorable Carolyn Dineen King.
U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, Washington, DC, 8/94-7/95
Judicial Law Clerk. Researched and drafted district court decisions on behalf of the Honorable Gladys Kessler.
U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Los Angeles, CA, 8/93-8/94
Judicial Law Clerk. Researched and drafted district court decisions on behalf of the Honorable A. Andrew Hauk.
Center for Public Representation, Boston MA, 2/93-6/93
Legal Intern. Advocated for the rights of mental health patients for the Harvard Disability Law Clinic.
Equal Rights Advocates, San Francisco, CA, January, 1993
Legal intern at non-profit law firm devoted primarily to litigating employment discrimination cases.
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, fall, 1993
T.A. for "Introduction to American Law" for International L.L.M. students. Led sections, graded papers.
Morrison & Foerster, San Francisco, CA, summer, 1992
Summer Associate. Wrote substantive memos for bankruptcy, litigation and labor departments.
Ross & Hardies, Chicago, IL, summer, 1991
Summer Associate. Wrote substantive memos regarding commercial litigation and criminal defense.
42nd Street Bar & Grill, Palo Alto, CA 1989-1990
Cocktail waitress, when the place was cool.
Harvard Law SchoolBAR:
J.D., June 1993
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Harvard Law Review
- Staff Editor, Volumes 105 and 106.
- Member, Articles Office, Primary Editor
- Author, two original publications
- Harvard Law Record, occasional journalist and columnist
- ABA, President of Harvard Law Chapter.
B.A. Psychology/Decision Sciences, June 1990
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa elected junior year, Graduated with distinction, Psi Chi Psychology National Honors Society, Cap and Gown Women's Honor Society, Boothe Prize for Excellence in Writing
- Teaching Assistant, Stanford Psychology Department
- Research Assistant, Stanford Psychology Department and Law School
- President, Stanford Undergraduate Psychology Association
- Coordinator, Stanford New-Student Orientation, Fall 1988.
Active Member of the California Bar and the Federal Bar, Central District of California.